Our friendly travel consultants can arrange your flights to any destination. We can also provide a range of additional services to ensure that your travel will be as comfortable as possible. Furthermore, most airports provide a range of services, some of which are free of charge, to ease your journey. Some of the services available to you are:
- ‘Try before you fly’
- ‘Try before you travel’
- Airport Awareness Guides, accessibility videos and information guides (pre-travel)
- ‘Meet and Greet’ service from your vehicle at the airport
- Assistance with bag drop, check in, airport security checks, boarding and disembarking the aircraft and baggage reclaim
- Home bag check in service available at some airports
- Assistance with boarding and disembarking the aircraft
- Eagle hoist available at some airports for boarding the aircraft
- Priority check in and boarding
- Allocated seating
- Assistance at your destination airport
- Hire of airport wheelchairs (needs to be requested before travel)
- Wheelchair assistance from check in to boarding the aircraft
- Assistance for hidden access needs from check in to boarding the aircraft
- Blue badge car parking
- Onsite airport hotels
- Drop off and pick up areas
- Accessible airport bus and coach transfers
- Assistance dog relief areas
- Accessible toilets and changing places
- Oxygen equipment
- Quiet waiting areas
- Pre-departure lounges (Assisted Travel waiting areas)
- Sensory rooms in some airports
Airports and airlines offer special assistance for all passengers who travel and require assistance from the point of arrival at the airport to their final destination. The above services will depend on which airport/terminal you will travel to and from, but we will always state this information at the time of booking.
To ensure that you receive the service you require, it is important that you inform your travel consultant about your assistance requirements at the time of booking, including information about medication, whether you intend to take your own mobility aid (e.g., wheelchair, scooter), or other equipment.
All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are 100% financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
Try before you fly
This is a service provided to clients with visible and hidden access needs who are thinking of air travel and want to learn more before they either book to fly or before a departure flight.
This service provides free information about flying, hire equipment that can be used and a cabin assessment.
Cabin assessments are tailored to each individual and take place on a replica aircraft with a trained occupational therapist who will conduct and guide the passengers through the whole process of boarding the aircraft, the wheelchair transfer options and support systems available on the aircraft.
This service helps passengers to get the real experience, gain confidence, help them make the right choice about flying, advise them of the process before booking and the support and services available.
Try before you travel
Many passengers and families with children that have visible or hidden access needs that might not have travelled before and worry about the process with regards to air travel have the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the process.
These visits enable passengers to see the facilities, airport layout and to experience the airport environment and process first hand by starting at the check in desk, going through security up to boarding the aircraft.
Some UK airports now have sensory rooms within the terminal that offers a private, safe, calming, relaxing and fully interactive environment for when passengers are in unfamiliar surroundings.
These rooms are accessible and designed for passengers with hidden or visible disabilities such as people with Autism, Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Cognitive impairment or wheelchair users.
The first sensory room in the UK was opened at London Gatwick North Terminal followed by Newcastle airport.
We would strongly advise to pre book these rooms and this can be done after confirming a flight booking.
The airport lanyards are designed for passengers who require assistance. Lanyards are useful as they show airport staff that the passenger or companion require assistance or additional time when going through the airport.
This is a free of charge service offered by the airport and these can be obtained from the passenger service desks in the check-in halls.
Below is a list of the airports that provide this service.
- London Gatwick airport
- London Stansted Airport
- Birmingham Airport
- Manchester Airport
- East Midlands Airport
Please see below the direct links to each airport’s special assistance page.
If you are looking for a more relaxing experience at the airport whilst waiting for your flight, upgrading to an airport lounge is a great option. Airport lounges provide a relaxing, quiet space, with various extras such as magazines, food and drinks and other entertainment facilities. To find out what facilities are available at your departure airport please contact us.
If you are travelling by car to the airport, we can arrange your parking for you. We can also arrange a range of complementary services, all at great prices. These include:
- Meet and Greet parking: A driver will meet you and collect your car at your departure terminal. Your car will be parked at a secure car park and delivered to you at your arrival terminal when you return.
- Airport Park and Ride: You park your car at a secure car park and you are picked up and taken to the airport and returned to your car after your holiday.
- On Airport Parking: Parking within the grounds of the airport is another option. Your travel consultant will advise you of walking distances and prices as these can vary depending on the location of the car park and your departure terminal.
- Off Airport Parking: There are a number of car parks located at close distance from the airports. You drive directly to an off airport parking where you leave your car and you can get picked up by a shuttle bus that will transfer you to your terminal. Your travel consultant will advise you about the frequency of shuttle buses and distance to the airport.
If you require a short stay at an airport hotel before your flight, we can help. There are a number of options available at great prices. Most hotels are within the airport grounds, only at short walking distance from your departure point.
For more information and to discuss your requirements please contact a member of our team.